Forcepoint APX Image Analysis Module
Gain Visibility into High-Risk Images Distributed via Email
The Forcepoint Image Analysis Module provides powerful illicit image detection capabilities to help employers monitor images distributed through email, educate staff members and enforce the organization's policies.
The Image Analysis Module is available for these TRITON APX products:
- TRITON AP-DATA
- TRITON AP-EMAIL
Pornography and other explicit images are coming under tighter scrutiny by employers and governments to reduce sexual harassment and improve the safety and productivity of the workplace. Besides triggering increasing legal penalties, sexual harassment can also cost a typical Fortune 500 company $6.7 million per year in absenteeism, low productivity and employee turnover. Pretending to be unaware of the problem is no longer a valid defense for employers.
The Forcepoint Image Analysis Module addresses this issue by providing powerful illicit image detection capabilities to help employers monitor images distributed through email, educate staff members and enforce the organization’s policies. This proactive approach can strengthen the work environment and help retain top talent while mitigating liability risks.
Why Forcepoint Image Analysis Modules?
Being unaware of the problem is no longer a valid employer defense and repercussions could even extend to criminal charges against the employer if illegal imagery is involved. The Forcepoint Image Analysis module provides powerful illicit image detection capabilities to help employers monitor, educate and enforce the organization’s policy. This proactive approach can strengthen the work environment and help retain top talent, while mitigating liability risks.
Typically, an employer would have an appropriate email acceptable use policy which is effectively enforced, monitored and communicated. But a written policy on its own is insufficient. A policy that is not implemented through communication, education and enforcement will be of little or no use in discharging liability.
Forcepoint Image Analysis assists with demonstrating an employer’s commitment by allowing employers to:
- • Identify users that are misusing the email system
- Monitor emails containing high risk image attachments
- Educate users on the company email usage policy
- Enforce the policy as and when required
Legal Obligations of an Employer
The United Nations, as well as many countries, consider an exposure to pornography in their definition of ‘sexual harassment.’ They recognize that employers have a duty to protect their employees from sexual harassment. And laws have been enacted in places such as the United States, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Asia that hold employers responsible for employee actions in this regard.
Forcepoint Image Analysis Technology
Forcepoint Image Analysis Module utilizes advanced computer vision technology that takes advantage of 12 different techniques to reliably distinguish between pornographic and non-pornographic images in a matter of milliseconds. Low false positives are achieved by paying less attention to mistake-prone ‘skin tone’ methods and focusing on more accurate visual markers for a reliable signature-less experience.
- Gain Visibility for Explicit Images — Add Forcepoint Image Analysis Module to TRITON AP-EMAIL or AP-DATA security solutions to accurately identify images that pose a risk to the organization.
- Identify High-Risk Users — Route emails containing high-risk images to a dedicated image analysis queue, allowing administrators to easily identify users who receive or send inappropriate images.
- Educate Users on Company Policy — Change behavior by notifying senders when the contents of their email may have violated your organization’s acceptable-use policy.
- Avoid False Positives — Prevent misidentification of images by paying less attention to error-prone “skin tone” methods, allowing detection of even grayscale images.
|You Need||Forcepoint Solutions|
|Integrate with leading Forcepoint TRITON solutions||Forcepoint Image Analysis is available as an optional add-on module for TRITON AP-EMAIL and AP-DATA solutions.|
|Gain visibility of explicit images||Add Forcepoint Image Analysis Module to supported AP-EMAIL or AP-DATA security solutions to accurately identify images that pose a risk to your organization.|
|Identify high risk users||Direct emails containing high risk images to a dedicated Image Analysis queue, allowing administrators to easily identify users receiving or sending inappropriate images.|
|Educate users on company policy||Change behavior by notifying senders when the contents of their email may have violated the company acceptable use policy.|
|Prevention policy||Create policies to proactively quarantine emails containing high risk content.|
|Adjustable engine sensitivity||Adjust and fine tune the aggressiveness of the detection technology to align with your organization’s preferences.|
|Grayscale scanning||Forcepoint Image Analysis can identify sexually explicit image attachments even if they have been converted to grayscale.|
|Office file scanning||Scans images embedded in Microsoft Office files such as Word and PowerPoint.|
Download the Forcepoint APX Image Analysis Modules Datasheet (.PDF)
- Subscriptions to Image Analysis Module can be purchased with TRITON AP-EMAIL, TRITON DATA Gateway or TRITON DATA Discover. If purchasing subscriptions to multiple eligible products, Image Analysis Module should only be added once. Since Image Analysis Module will apply to all eligible products, the module user count must match the user count of AP-EMAIL, AP-DATA Gateway, or AP-DATA Discover, whichever is higher.